Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Taking the Show on the Road

So a while ago my BFF Brill-brill announced that she had Soap Opera Sunday news. I should have said something too. Because together, the two of us have Soap Opera Sunday news!! So listen up, peeps because this is going to be super fun.

First, a little background . . .


Towards the beginning of her illustrious blogging life, Brillig came up with the GENIUS idea to write "Soap Opera Sundays." See, we all have hilarious/dramatic/crazy stories from our past that are fun to write about, so that's exactly what she did, and then she gave them a sweet title and now, people line up (theoretically of course) to read her Soap Operas.

So, NOW, Brillig has brought me into the fun and we are making Soap Opera Sunday GLOBAL!!! What I mean is that Brillig and I are taking Soap Opera Sunday to the next level.

Why you ask? Well, almost every time Brillig has posted a Soap Opera Sunday, someone comments or emails her to say that her story reminds them of something that happened to them, etc. Several have even asked her if she minded if they stole her idea. Well, ladies and gentlemen, no stealing necessary! She (and now I as well) is OFFERING it to you! AND! Everyone who participates will get extra linky love and, if this thing goes well, lots of extra traffic too.

Okay. So. Just what do we mean by "Soap Opera"? Well, we're looking for personal, true stories (though you won't hear us complaining about exaggerations...) filled with drama, heartbreak, scandal, romance, etc. What we AREN'T looking for is stuff that's too hot and heavy--please keep it rated PG. Basically, if "throbbing member" is a phrase that I'm likely to find in your story, then Soap Opera Sunday isn't for you... So, think MELODRAMATIC as opposed to TRASHY. Otherwise, the sky and your past, present, and future are the limit!

So, here's how it's gonna work. If you want to participate (and it's open to anyone!) you will post your own Soap Opera Sunday on your site using our spiffy button (which I am having designed as we speak) and then link back to mine and Brillig's sites so that anyone who reads your soap opera and wants to read more can readily see who else is playing. Then, in return, once your post is up, you give us your link, which we will add to our own Soap Opera Sunday posts for the week as we receive them. See? You get two free links! Just for playing along!

We'll do this every week! If you only participate once a month, that's fine. If you wanna play every single week, that's great! Your level of involvement is entirely up to you. But every time you post, you get a new link from both of us.

(Putting your post up on Sat. afternoon or evening and letting us know right away is probably your best bet for fast linky-love. Posting on Sunday morning is okay too, but we might be slower about getting your link added...)

This is just the beginning, darlings! Soon, we'll implement a blogrolling widget and "Who's the Soapiest?" award!

And YES, this starts THIS WEEK! So start thinking now about what you want to write! (Also, you can, of course, repost something you wrote in the past--We've read an awful lot of Soap Operas on your blogs in the past, just without that particular label! It just needs to be reposted and, again, linked to us to be considered.)

Need ideas? Feel free to browse Brillig’s previous Soap Opera Sunday posts or consider these topics:

*First Kiss
*Internet Love
*I liked him/her, they just didn't like me
*They liked me, I just didn't like them!
*Love Triangles
*Relationships with Older Men/Women
*Crazy family secrets/drama

Etc! The possibilities are endless!

Brillig and I will soon write up a more concise set of rules, so that we can link to it in the future, but here it is in a nutshell. Woohoo! This is gonna be so fun! We can't wait to read your stories!

6 comments:

Jewels said...

I have already commented on Brill's site about this, but the word is - I'M IN!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a fun idea. I'm in!

DG said...

What a great idea! I can't do it this week cause I'll be out of town but next weekend for sure!

Canadian flake said...

I am here via brillig's blog and I can't WAIT for this to get started. I absolutely LOVE soap opera Sundays...it is the highlight of my blogger weekend.

Goofball said...

I am in this week! I am playing this sunday. Check it out at goofballsworld.blogspot.com!

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here different website and thought I should check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.



Also visit my web-site; weight loss forum