Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Friday, November 2, 2007

The one with all the pictures

Brace yourselves . . . they're coming. I'll try to go easy on you and not overload your brains with TOO many pictures. It might hurt. Most likely it will hurt me and not you guys. But it might hurt both of us, so I'll be careful.

First, I give you the final pictures of our first home. I have to say that it's SO WEIRD to think of someone else living there now. We closed on Friday and it's done, done, done. It was stressful and stupid and irritating but it's done and now we can move on, but a part of me is sad to end that amazing chapter of my life with my husband. So here you go:

The way I took this picture is very odd and . . . optical illusion-like.
Ha. Oh well! Goodbye beautiful floors and lovely red paint!

The final picture of the outside. Sorry it's at night. We'll sure miss that mature palm tree! We should have taken it with us!

The final picture of us in front of our house, even though all you can see is the garage light. Haha. Oops! Also, memo to us: pictures we try to take of ourselves are usually very unflattering.

Now, I give you pictures of the new house! I am going to go chronologically, from dirt to final product. Sidenote: I have yet to take pictures of the slightly unpacked, slightly better looking version of the house, so just remember that I took these THE DAY AFTER we moved in. No judging.

Our bit of earth

Later, after they dug a bunch of stuff up. Veeeery exciting.

Pre-plumbing and the frame for the foundation

Walls!! Sort of . . .

Almost there . . .

Almost there . . .

Ta-Daa! Complete with empty lot next door that will cause many headaches when someone finally buys it and they begin building on it. Seriously, EVERY OTHER LOT IS SOLD. Just my luck that the ONLY unsold lot is next to our bedroom windows. Seriously.

Le front door

The view from the entryway

Formal Living/Dining/Entry/Great Room/HOLY AWESOME NATURAL LIGHT!

Great Room from upstairs, where there is a small loft, three bedrooms and a bathroom.

Most of you have seen this already but this is the kitchen (unfortunately pre-paint. I gotta get one with the new paint. I promise I'll do it. It's light brown, if that helps!)

Family Room/Master Bedroom for the first week

Master Bedroom sans bedroom stuff

Master Bathroom (two sinks AND a separate tub/shower? I've died and gone to heaven)

Closet. Sigh of joy.

Our first meal in our new house. Traditional Move-in Pizza Hut. Mmmm.

I LOVE our new house. I'm having trouble decorating, but that doesn't take away from my absolute joy every time I drive around the corner and see it standing there. I seriously can't believe it's ours. I keep having to pinch myself. Especially when I see the view from our front porch. I gotta give it to Arizona, it has the most incredible sunsets. And now I have an unobstructed view of them every day. I'm in heaven and so, so grateful.


Well, I have lots of pictures of our trip to the dunes, but I think those will have to wait for another day because I'm about pictured out. Just to give you a teaser though, I proudly present me, kicking my husband's butt on top of a huge sand hill.

We got very, very sandy.

Stay tuned Sunday for my newest installment of Soap Opera Sunday . . . the one in which I completely embarrass myself. Again.

14 comments:

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

congrats on posting the pictures from like the ONE day that your house was looking horrible. For those reading THIS- her house looks so great. You should all come visit and see it in person. It's fabulous!

Girl, Dislocated said...

Your new house is FABULOUS!

Watch out for extra insects and critters when they disturb the dirt on the empty lot in the course of building on it!

Stephanie said...

I am drooling! Your house is gorgeous - that staircase and the high ceilings and the light! And the outside is just amazing!

Good luck unpacking...

Madam Crunchypants said...

beautiful!

Brillig said...

YAY YAY YAY for pics! Your house in amazing. I'm so, so happy for you and only a little bit psychotically jealous and ready to murder you. Just a little bit. hahaha. It's so beautiful. I particularly like the stair case and that massively tall room with all the cool windows. GORGEOUS!

The Gruwells said...

tofutti!!!! i bloggy... you bloggy... yeah for bloggy!!!

Sara said...

HURRAY! Your house is even more gorgeous than I imagined! Lucky you! I can just picture you having all sorts of fun times in that wonderful place!

Butrfly Garden said...

Gorgeous house, Kate!! I LOVE it. Seriously. I don't think my family will miss me that much. You did say THREE bedrooms, right? That's totally enough! I'll see you next week!

Seriously, though. Gorgeous.

Fourier Analyst said...

Love all the natural light. Makes me want to move there. Great house. Looks like you will have some fun there! Glad it all (finally) worked out! Party Time!!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful house!!! Ooooh...how lucky. You get unobstructed views of the sunset. That would be my dream home...unobstructed views. The inside is gorgeous! I love it so much.

Virtualsprite said...

Your house is so beautiful! I'm just drooling.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pictures are lovely! I'm so happy for you!

Jay a.k.a. 'Dat' said...

oh my... it hurts! from the beginning to the end lol... a beautiful house to another beautiful house, i'm jealous lol... yes, it hurts.

but hey, thanks for accepting me as a friend on cre8buzz! if you want to link blogs sometime, feel free to contact me.

take care
Jay
DatCurious.com

Canadian flake said...

wow the pics are amazing!!! thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more.