Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Perfect Day


Today is a great day!

Let me count the ways:

I am getting a fun new toy today, and don't you worry, tomorrow I will show it to you. I'm GIDDY with excitement at my new toy and I can barely stand waiting until my lunch break to go get it. I love new toys.

Today I start physical therapy. Not QUITE as exciting as the new toy, however, I'm running a good, solid mile every time I go to the gym and having my hip NOT hurt when I'm done sounds very, very pleasant.

I cleaned my entire kitchen last night . . . not that it was that dirty, but I did the whole "granite cleaner" and "stainless steel polisher" thing and it's all sparkly and beautiful like it was when we moved in and that makes me happy. I love coming home to a sparkling, clean kitchen. Then I mess it up cooking and have to start all over again, but at least I started with sparkly and clean!

I'm having a good hair day, which hasn't happened much lately. My straight, flat hair even has body, and it NEVER has body unless I tease and hairspray it in!

I found my favorite, previously lost earrings, and I'm feeling all decked out and festive.

My jeans are fitting better thanks to my running, biking thing. Shrink, thighs! Shrink!

My husband is amazing. He said the sweetest thing to me yesterday that just made my heart melt and I think I fell in love with him all over again.

I talked to one of my best friends, Jewels, for 45 minutes last night about singing and I'm still sighing in happiness about it. She's going to kick butt at her audition, I just know it.

This morning I talked to another best friend, Hannah, on the way to work. The subject wasn't exactly pleasant, due to people being retarded, but the conversation once again proved to me that Hannah is awesome and strong and an amazing friend, not only to myself but others as well.

I am hosting Soap Opera Sunday this week and I'm so excited to do it! I have the sequel to my last post all planned and I can't wait to read everything you guys have to say!!

I'm a few short weeks from going home to Utah for Christmas. I get very homesick this time of year and I'm counting down the days until I'm there, but today it doesn't seem very far away!!

I am a lucky girl. I have an amazing husband and family, incredible friends, a great job, a beautiful home . . . I am blessed beyond words and more grateful than I could ever express.

I hope all of you have great days too!

10 comments:

Virtualsprite said...

I'm so glad you're having a good day! Days like this can fuel you for weeks and just make the world a little better.

Brillig said...

Dude. What a crappy day. I'm so sorry. :-D

(Okay, fine, it was an awesome day. Wooohooo! As for your new toy, well, you know I hate you, right?)

HaLaine said...

Amen to that... ( "

Girl, Dislocated said...

I'm so happy for you! :) And wondering what this new toy is...

Anonymous said...

Plus, there's me.

Anonymous said...

Good point.

Emily said...

a good hair day. it doesn't get better than that. :)

also, if you have time to kill in utah, let me know! i'm in SLC. :)

Jewels said...

Aww, I so love you. You have NO idea how much our chat helped me. I felt so much better after I talked to you, more confident and ready to audition tomorrow. Don't you worry - I'll be calling you before I go in...I'll need a pep talk.

DG said...

That excitement over your day is INFECTIOUS!!! Thank you for that pick me up - I needed it. WHAT IS YOUR TOY???

Canadian flake said...

glad you had such a great day..