Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dead.Frickin.Tired

So let's see . . . combine my stupid illness (anyone besides me noticing I'm getting sick a lot? What the crap is up with that?), being on my feet ALL. DAY. at this convention and the fact that I've been up for almost four hours and in my brain I'm still on Arizona time and sound asleep in my warm bed right now, I'm EXHAUSTED.

I arrived in Orlando on Monday, got to the hotel, got some food and went to bed for the night. At six o'clock. Orlando time. Read: four o'clock Arizona time. I didn't get OUT of bed until nine the next morning. Awesome. Overslept much?

I spent Tuesday running around like a chicken with it's (sick and congested) head cut off, got lost on the freaking toll turnpike THRICE (stupid GPS. It told me I was AT Lowe's when in reality? Lowe's was right off the turnpike. I could SEE it I just couldn't GET to it), set up a huge complicated booth, schmoozed potential clients at a cocktail party where they were drunk and I was not (however, I think we were on the same page because I was on like fifteen different kinds of medications), went to dinner at an Emeril concept restaurant and was NOT impressed, and fell into bed.

Wednesday I was up at 6 AM, Orlando time (my brain screaming in agony, being that it was 4 AM in there) and stood in the booth until about 5:00. I then took a nap (and by nap I mean watched old reruns of ANTM) and then headed down to another cocktail event. (Obviously these events I attend are not created for Mormons. Granted, not much is, so not like I'm surprised.) Then, finally, a highlight of the trip was going to Emeril's REAL restaurant at City Walk Universal Studios and having what may have been the best meal of my life. Rock Bass, Yukon mashed potatoes with a corn chowder sauce and some sort of fried crispy vegetable goodness. HOLY goodness it was amazing. So was the banana cream pie we had for desert. MMMMMM. I bow to Emeril's genius, despite the bad experience of the evening before. Back in my room, the internet was down (um, hotel people? You have a conference full of ONLINE RETAILERS. WE ONLY OPERATE ONLINE. WORKING INTERNET? AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!)(and hi, could I use more parenthesis in this post?)(No?) so I decided against working or blogging and called it a night.

This morning I had the HARDEST time waking up, but I feel about 80% better and YAY! Internet! In the booth! And we have comfy chairs! And my boss doesn't care if I sit because I'm sick! So on with pointless blog posts! Woot! For the record, still very tired.

Tomorrow I have to wake up SUPER early to be at the airport to catch my flight to New Orleans but I am SO EXCITED and glad I'm feeling better so I don't just crash at Futti's house and be boring. Futti is my sister, for the record. She's very small (unlike me) very funny (maybe like me) and I lub her. I'm dreading flying with the tail end of a flu/head cold, but hopefully by tomorrow I'm 100% better and won't care anymore.

And with that, it's time to kiss some more retailer butt. Mwwwwah. (that was for you guys, not the retailers.)(Though it could also be for the retailers.)(Still too many parenthesis??)(Naaah)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it warm there at least? I always feel better when I'm sick and it's warm than when it's sick and I'm freezing.

Feel better! :)

the fanny said...

I've been sick a lot lately, too! What's up with us?!

Feel better and enjoy the warm weather!

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Sounds like a crazy week....IF it makes you feel any better about your life, I spent all of Monday in the airport and freezing. Probably doesn't, BUT I'm trying to sympathize :). Love you- come home soon!

Canadian flake said...

hope you are feeling better..

Have a safe trip.

Virtualsprite said...

Oh, no... sucks to be sick. Feel better soon so you can enjoy your trip!!!

HaLaine said...

At the very least, there was no cheese wad king riding an orange bicycle dinging a bell..

Anonymous said...

Ugggh work travel. Awful. It took me a whole week to recover from Vegas. Feel better!!!

janna said...

Get better soon--hope you have a great weekend with your sister (and brother-in law) and a safe trip home!

Katelin said...

Wow, sounds like one hectic week. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Banana cream pie. Mmmmm...I have to have some now. HAVE TO.

Wholly Burble said...

I've set up at too many conferences, and had those where I showed up not feeling good--you have my sympathy.

Glad it's almost over and you'll have a great time with sis--sleep in!!

Thomas said...

Wrote a post about a comment you left on my blog.

hiphostess said...

Hi Kate!
Hopefully this brightens your week a little...
The original winner of the write on and more giveaway over at the Hostess with the Mostess blog never materialized, so we drew again and your name came up this time! You're the new winner ;) If you could please check in with me and send your shipping info to info[at]hwtm.com, that would be great! We'll get your prizes shipped out asap.

Cheers,
Jenn :)

Angie said...

so sad that i missed your florida trip this time! and double sorry that you're feeling sick. we'll have to catch up sometime via phone... love you. have fun.

Brillig said...

I love you and all your parentheticals. I hope your trip ended on a happy note!