Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quite Possibly the BEST MEME EVER

I laughed at just the thought of doing this and I'm giddy with excitement to see how it plays out. My dearest long lost EFY buddy Janaya did this on her blog and I just HAD TO COPY HER. HAD TO!

if my life was a movie...

if my life was a movie, what would my soundtrack be?

so, here's how it works:
1. open your music library
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. when you go to a new question, press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.

opening credits: "See I'm Smiling" from the musical "The Last Five Years." A girl talking about smiling when her life sucks. Uhhhhhh hmmm.


waking up: "Passenger Seat" by Stephen Speaks. Hmmmm not really how I feel in the morning but, whatever! I guess if my bed is a car . . . and Matt is my passenger . . . weird.

first day at school: "House of Wolves" by My Chemical Romance. Ahhhh Timpview. SO fitting.


in love: "Rhapsody in the Rain" by Lou Christie. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. OH MY GOSH I am laughing so hard. Here's to NCMO's and making out on the first date and me thinking it was love EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Holy crap.

fight song: "Whatever I Fear" by Toad the Wet Sprocket. Apparently there's not much "fight" in my fight song. It appears to be very afraid.

breaking up: "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. Well, um, I guess I'll stalk you 'cause I don't wanna miss a thing.

prom: "Hero" by the Enrique Eglesias. Honestly? I can totally see the Junior Council at my high school choosing this as our theme and having cut outs of Superman and Batman all over the commons.

life's ok: "Amber" by 311. Apparently when life is OK it's kind of like I got high and stared at an amber light forever. Very mellow and groovy, eh?

mental breakdown: "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. Yes, every mental breakdown can and should be fixed by dancing in Da Club and being into sex not making love. That's VERY healthy. And so not how people get an STD. Nope.

driving: "Oops I Did it Again" by Britney Spears. If it means "oops I just flipped someone driving like an idiot off again" then YES that is true.

flashback: "Summer Girl" by Jessica Andrews. AH! So fitting for me because when I have a movie made about me, the flashback will always be me and the girls driving around, singing and laughing in the summer.

getting back together: "Samson" by Regina Spektor. YEssssir. Let's get back together and I'll chop off your source of strength and power! (HAIR people. Get your minds out of the gutter.)

birth of child: "Beverly Hills" by Weezer NO! I DON'T WANT TO SPAWN SPOILED BRATS!!! It's not where I want to be! Not not not!

wedding: "Oklahoma" from the musical OKLAHOMA! Apparently it's an Okie wedding complete with cows and hay. HAY! And we know how to spell.

final battle: "Fallen" by Sarah McLachlan. So it's one of those painful, Gladiator-esque slow motion battles. OR, maybe it's a deep psychological battle! Yeah! Let's go with that.

death scene: "Song for You" by Michael Buble. If I can die with Mikey 'alone now singing this song to ME,' guaranteed I'm going out juuuuust fine.

funeral song: "When You Were Young" by The Killers. My funeral is apparently a semi-peppy discussion of how awesome I was when I was young.

end credits: "Silent All These Years" by Tori Amos. Yes I have lead a silent life, haven't I? I held everything in and never talked. HAHAHAHAH. At least it's a haunting melody with screams lost in a paper cup.


OOOOH I'm so excited to see what you guys get!! You MUST let me know when you're done. Because once again, if you are reading this, I tag you!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your fight song is quite fierce indeed!

You are such a tagger...but I must clean, and then drink wine and then nap!

Anonymous said...

Haha. This was fun to read. Gosh, you listen to some really random music... Love you anyway. One of these days I'll get around to this meme! I think I might be very boring in comparison...

Emily said...

this looked like so much fun, i had to join in. :)