Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Soap Opera Sunday: Sam, Part Dos

Ok, let's give this a shot . . .

Those who are just tuning in you can go here to read part one.
----------------------

After he basically proposed to me for being a pig, I just died laughing, and Riley looked at him in horror, turned around and shouted to his parents "Guys, Sam just proposed on the first date. I think you raised him wrong."

All of us were laughing uncontrollably.

After dinner we went back to his parents house (this is when I learned he was living at home. He actually owned two homes in the area but he was renting one out and cleaning up another that had been trashed by previous renters.) and spent the evening talking and laughing. I had to be home somewhat early because I was due to be at the hospital the next morning at 6AM for my surgery, so around 10:00 he drove me home, walked me to my door, told me he had a wonderful time, hugged me, and walked back to his car.

{que record scratch}

HE DIDN'T KISS ME GOODNIGHT???

I was seriously confused by this. I had been showered with compliments, been given the stamp of approval by his family, and been proposed to and no kiss??

The next morning I had my surgery and everything went fine. It was a same day procedure so I was home by 1:00. Sam came over that night and brought me a huge Diet Dr. Pepper (my beverage of choice that summer) and he laid on the couch and rubbed my back while we watched Grease (NO idea why I was watching Grease that day!) but there was still no kissing.

We saw each other every day for about a week after that and spent a LOT of time with his family. His sister was fixing up her new house, he was fixing up his rental and everyone was helping. There wasn't a lot of alone time for us, but I loved his family too, so I didn't really mind. His sister and I were becoming fast friends, and his little brother was (and remains) one of my favorite people in the world. However, it was becoming odd to me that we still hadn't kissed.

My girlfriends, Rhonda and Jewels, as well as their boyfriends, thought it was weird too so we all decided to do something about it. We decided to plan an overnight adventure at Rhonda's family's cabin near Park City.

And during that trip he WOULD be KISSING ME.

------------------------------------
Sorry that this story was a little bit more of a filler. The funniest stuff is yet to come I swear.


So, now. . . sign up in Brillig's fancy Mr. Linky (because mine won't FRICKIN' BRACKIN' WORK) if you're participating and make sure to follow the rules and link to Brilly and me.

Have fun!!

12 comments:

Jewels said...

HAHAHAHA - I totally posted something similar on my Blog! I didn't have time to write my next chapter this week...damage. Next week for SURE!!

anno said...

It's been that kind of week, for sure. Hope the next one is better.

I'm up.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You know, I know of at least twenty women who've had a rough week this week. What's up with the cosmos, eh?

I'm grumpy though, 'cause I'm so excited to hear the second part of that story!

Brillig said...

Oooh, I love the filler, but I can't wait for the kissing. :-)

Madam Crunchypants said...

Not bad filler - you're building the suspense quite nicely!

Jen said...

I wanna know why the kissing wasn't happening! Can't wait for next week!

Virtualsprite said...

I have to agree... the filler is good. Can't wait for the conclusion, though!

Dedee said...

Must I wait????

Canadian flake said...

Looking forward to the "meaty" part of the story (no pun intended..lol).

Was gonna post for SOS but something more important came up to post about.

Hope you can stop in and check that out.

Fourier Analyst said...

Fluff was good, but we want the good stuff next time!! (She who did not SOS this week and yet feels compelled to complain...) (Maybe I can leave this comment anonymous, except that it has now taken me 4 times to spell that damn word and I am sure I cannot figure out how to hid my ident now.)

It definitely has been a frickin' brackin' week...but thank God (and Kate & Brill) for SOS!

Butrfly Garden said...

sorry I'm so late.

I hope you got him to kiss you. That would drive me nuts.

"Is he GAY?" "Have I had something stuck in my teeth for weeks?" "Does my breath wreak?" "WHAT is wrong with him!?" hahaah!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Can't believe I forgot to come back and read part two. So excited for the next segment!