Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Thankful x2

It's not a good enough excuse, but Matt is REALLY sick (acute bronchitis AND a sinus infection!) so yesterday I sort of forgot to post my Thankfuls. Oops. SO today you get 10, but I'm going to break it down into 5 and 5 because . . . well I can.

Sunday I was thankful for:

1. Modern medicine. Holy goodness I'm so grateful for so many aspects of this.

2. No Pudge Brownies! Oh my gosh if you guys haven't tried them you MUST. You make them with yogurt and they have low calories and no fat and are SO YUMMY.

3. Hammer and nails. I hung three pictures yesterday and I was SO excited! Sad, I know.

4. Clean bathrooms. It took me two hours to clean my shower yesterday and I was SO PISSED about it (stupid hard water), but now, it looks incredible and sparkly clean.

5. Hand lotion. After all the harsh cleaning chemicals yesterday, it felt great to give my hands some lotion therapy.

Today I am thankful for:

1. Veterans. Being Veteran's Day and all I have to be, but I have a very special place in my heart for the men and women who fight for our country. My Grandfather is an Army Veteran of WWII, my Step-father was a proud Army Veteran of Vietnam who spent his life working for Veterans rights and was one of the most patriotic individuals I have ever met. Finally my brother Sean served in the Marines in Iraq for a year in 2003. I'm so grateful for his service and that he came home safely to us. These three men, and all the members of our Military, make me so proud and grateful to live in the USA.

2. Bobby pins. I am so lazy when it comes to doing my hair and somehow with bobby pins, I can miraculously make it look like I tried when I really didn't.

3. My iPod. I was so irritated with the radio this morning and I just flipped on my iPod and rocked out to Boys Like Girls and was happy as a clam. (Are clams really happy??)

4. My boss. She's so patient with me and helps me learn so much every day. Plus she's like, the coolest lady ever. I'm so lucky to work for someone like that.

5. Dry erase markers. I have two whiteboards in my cubicle and I love being able to write and erase things so easily! Plus they come in fun colors! They're like crayons for big kids! But BETTER!

Phew! I got through it. What are you guys thankful for this week?
2.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Thankful posts you all are doing. I think I will have to start that too. No Pudge Brownies are so great!!! Along with anything from Trader Joes.

Girl, Dislocated said...

Aww, I hope Matt feels better soon! (Especially so you don't get sick too!)

Hand lotion is definitely one of my thankfuls. I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with lotion, which I'm famous (infamous?) for. I use the stuff literally dozens of times every day, and go NO WHERE without it. EVER.

I'm also thankful for online shopping, chocolate, pretty yarn, and the time I've been spending with my brother and sister lately. And hopefully I'll be adding No Pudge Brownies to the list. I never believed they could possibly taste good being low cal/low fat, but you've convinced me to try them!

Jewels said...

You have TWO white boards in your cubicle??? Color me envious - with a dry erase marker! HA!

Virtualsprite said...

Oooh!!!! White boards!!!! Love white boards. I plan the entire newspaper on a big, giant white boards, with color coding and grids... the anal retentiveness is astounding!

Hand lotion, too... it's getting cold here in Wisconsin and my skin is flaking so bad I can't stand it.

What a happy post... now I'm smiling!

DG said...

I'm thankful for reading blogs which introduce me to no pudge brownies. Um HELLO!

Canadian flake said...

I am glad you have a patient boss...I would describe my boss, but even I can use those kinds of words..lmao.