Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thankfuls

So my best friend Jewels and her sister Andrea are both posting five things they are grateful for every day in November and it got me thinking. See, I am a HUGE fan of Christmas. I have been obsessed every since I was little. My birthday is near Christmas as well, so December is sort of the focus of my year and I sort of skip the month of thankfulness.

I realize that part of Christmas is being grateful and helping others, but, as Julia and Andrea pointed out, November and it's focus on being Thankful is often overlooked due to the overload of Christmas that starts the second Halloween is over. So, I'm jumping on their bandwagon and I'm going to post five things I'm grateful for every day for the rest of the month. (Or at least try to. We all know how life happens, right?)

So today, I give you my first five Thankfuls:

1. I'm thankful for sunshine. Sitting in a cubicle without a window nearby sometimes causes me to forget the amazing mood power of the sun. I walked to lunch today and it felt so good to be warm and covered in light.

2. I'm thankful for Diet Coke. I'm on a serious diet right now, and Diet Coke is the only sort of sugary tasting think I'm allowing myself, and oh my gosh does it taste good and even better, no calories! (Those of you who know bad things about soda, shhhhh not listening.)

3. I'm thankful for high thread count sateen sheets. There is nothing like crawling into bed and being enveloped by that cool, softy, slightly silky feeling. Ahhh bliss.

4. Apples. Yes, I'm thankful for apples today. I'm eating a lot of them lately and I love that crunchy, crisp yet juicy first bite. Seriously, it's no wonder Eve caved! Hahah. (dreading lightening bolt from Heaven about now . . . )

5. I'm thankful for the internet. I got an email from an old friend today and it made me realize how lucky we are to have instant communication. PLUS, I wouldn't know most of you, my favorite internet people if we didn't have it!

So there you go. My five Thankfuls.

What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

Sara said...

I'm thankful for 1.you 2.flannel sheets, yep I know flannel 3. wednesday night teev 4. not being house poor 5. good hair days

Jewels said...

Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you're doing this. Can't wait to read them! I'm thankful for you. Duh.

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at you being all gratitude-y. :-D

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way - my birthday is ten days before Christmas, and I LOVE December! But I'm thankful for my family, my puppies, 800 thread count sheets, coffee and shoes. Also that I found my wedding dress. :)

Anonymous said...

My fiance, my cute boots, my great blog friends who send me emails about ugly shoes, that it's almost Friday!

Kateastrophe said...

I should ask you guys questions more often!! This is fun!!

Canadian flake said...

I agree about the apples...I am allergic and miss eating them sooo much. I am surely thankful for the sun also...and for my river