Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drama, Drama, D-R-A-M-A

Hola there. I suck at blogging lately, but I promise I have good reasons.

So I'm alive, cruising along in life doing my thing happily, and then someone decides its time to turn up the drama meter. I hate the upped drama meter.

- My Mom's in the hospital for the fourth time in six months for the same problem. Only this time, she's in California which is NOT where she lives. She was there to take care of my Grandma who just got OUT of the hospital. Yeah. That causes problems. Her first night in the hospital was awful. Obviously my Grandma couldn't be there with her so she was alone and something happened to the tube in her stomach and it got kinked and was causing her immense pain, and the nurses ignored her cries and pleadings for more pain medication all night. The next day, "somehow" it leaked out that my Grandfather has a wing at that exact hospital named after him and he was the most feared/loved Medical Director in the hospital's history, and now she has TWO private nurses, a doctor checking on her every two hours and is being treated like a queen. I think it's sad that someone has to throw a name around in order to just be COMFORTABLE. It makes me so mad. (And don't tell my Mom it was me who threw the name around. She'll get mad at me!)


- Took my damaged vehicle in to get fixed. I had to drop it off on a Sunday night due to my business trip. They didn't call me to tell me they got it (as I requested), then they called me to tell me it was going to be MORE expensive, then didn't call me to tell me it was done. THEN, I called to see if it was done and they told me it would be three more days. That's four days longer than they told me the car was going to take total. SO, I got mad, chewed them out for only calling me when they wanted more money and hung up. About five minutes later they called me back. "oops, we were wrong. Your car is done. We had it mixed up with another car." Gee, thanks. I picked up my car and it was FILTHY. They hadn't cleaned out the fiberglass and glass on the inside from changing the windshield, it looked like they'd wiped it off with a dirty rag and it still smells like glue. Grrrr.

- Our builder's landscaper screwed up on our yard. We've been calling them since September to fix it and no one EVER got back with us. I had to raise hell to finally get someone to set an appointment to get it all straightened out. This morning at 7:00 AM was our set time. Matt and I waited for 45 minutes and the guy never showed, so I got pissed and drove to work, leaving a nasty message at his office. He called me at 8:15 saying he had written down our appointment wrong and he was at our house and could I come home? Um, no. I proceeded to chew him out for fifteen minutes and now he's staying late tonight to make a 6:00 PM appointment with us. Because I'm a beotch that way.

- Our builder messed up on a few other things (like leaking windows) and so far SEVEN of the contractors we've had appointments with have blown us off, making either myself or my husband sit around waiting and end up late for work. When I tell our customer service manager, she apologizes and tries to set another appointment in the middle of the day. I finally had to chew HER out and tell her that we had wasted enough of our time and now the contractors needed to go out of their way to be at our house when it's convenient for US, not when it's convenient for them. We'll see how this goes, but I'm (understandably) skeptical.

- One of my pieces of luggage was lost on the trip back from New Orleans, which is weird because when I switched planes, how did they transfer ONE piece and not the OTHER? Somehow some moron just saw HOUSTON TO PHOENIX and didn't pay attention to the fact that there were FOUR flights to Phoenix that day. My bag was on the last one. My body was on the first one. AND, it was my make-up. So I came to work on Monday naked faced. Not. Pretty. Luckily, I got it back Monday afternoon, but it still sucked.

- I awoke this morning to some "blog wars." There is one person who's been quite a wretch to several of my favorite bloggers. Let me say this. I know that by publishing a blog, we open ourselves up to public criticism, people disagreeing with us, not liking us, etc. HOWEVER, if someone doesn't like what I (or others) have to say, DON'T READ IT. There are people really putting themselves out there and telling us personal stuff. Stuff they don't even tell their best friends. It's scary enough without losers with no name insulting us for it. Speaking of losers with no name, if you're going to leave nasty comments, at least attach your NAME to them. Don't be a pansy and hide behind the ability to be anonymous. That's just stupid. I like to abide by the rule "If you don't got somethin' nice to say, don't say nothin' at all."

SEE? D-R-A-M-A. And I'm off to deal with it. Hopefully I'll have happier things to say tomorrow. What is it with January? Can this month be OVER already?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad January is almost over. B/c seriously the drama is unnecessary.

I hope everything with your mom and grandma turns out ok :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry for all that happening to you :(

Luckily - January will be over soon! And hopefully February will be treating you better...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm we're supposed to be having a landscaper over here next week to sort us all out after four years of neglect. Now I'm not so sure.
Cheers

Virtualsprite said...

Wow... I'm pretty much across the country from you and I am having nearly the same kind of month.

Except that I don't have the hospitalizations, which makes your month a whole lot worse than mine. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope the hospital continues to give her good care (although it does suck that they wouldn't do that automatically) and she gets better very soon.

At least Friday is a new month.

Anonymous said...

If the blog drama you're talking about is the same blog drama that some of my favorite blog peeps have been bemoaning lately, then I agree- it's past time to end it.

Here's to a better February.

janna said...

Hey Kate--you are sure having a bad week--hang in there and I hope that your mom and grandmother will feel better soon. I wish they could find out why this keeps happening to your mom--how frustrating for her.

Anonymous said...

Rarrrrrr! Maybe you follow that rule about only saying nice things and maybe you don't. ;) But I wouldn't want to be in your way physically right now. I would clearly get shredded. Sorry about the comment trolls. Buttholes. That's life on the Internet.

Jewels said...

'Comment Trolls' - genius. I haven't had any situations like that, but I have seen it done to other people's blogs and I just don't get it. I commented on someone's blog as 'annonymous' a year or so ago and I have regretted it ever since. There is no question that they knew it was me, but I have no idea why I decided to comment that way. I agree with you - if you feel passionate enough about something that you need to speak your mind, add your name to it! Don't hide under your blankie, you spineless wuss. Whoa...that was way harsh. Anyhoo, I truly hope your week goes better - go get a bev on me...I'll mail you the $1.35.

Thomas said...

Isn't it up to us to say if your blogging lately has sucked? (I don't think it has but that may be just me.)

Katelin said...

Let's hope February starts of a long spree of drama-freeness.

Thomas said...

The original "Blog Wars" was great. I hated the prequels though.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Im delurking. I hear ya on the luggage thing. I have the worst luck flying and recently went to CA where they lost my bag for a day and a half, because it got on a flight to Austin instead of Dallas where I was actually connecting. Hope your days get better!

Canadian flake said...

whewwwwwww...reading all that makes me just wanna grab you and hug the stuffing out of you...

I read that someone is having a really hard time with a lot of stressful stuff...and my momma bear instincts kick in...can't help it, they do!!

My fingers are crossed for Feb being better for ya.

Fourier Analyst said...

Jeez My January has also been like that. What is it with the cosmos? And I am just now catching up with everyone else's drama.

Hope things are better for you, your car, your friends, your work and especially your Mom.