Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

TGIF. Seriously.

T.G.I.F has multiple meanings today. Thank Goodness it's Friday, of course, but also Thank Goodness it's February!!

First, the good news. My Mom is doing significantly better! There was a small scare yesterday afternoon when the doctors did a CT scan and found that whatever was blocking up her intestines hadn't moved despite significant efforts via medicine and tubes, etc. so they had an opening with a surgeon and whisked her in to find out what was up. I was halfway to the airport to be with her when I was told to hold off because my Mom's husband was on his way (only took him three days and a surgery. Sigh. Another story for another time.) so I went home and prayed. After about an hour and a half we were told that everything was fine. She had some scar tissue from a surgery two years ago and it had formed almost a string and wrapped itself around part of her intestines and was basically "kinking the hose." All this is a relief because there's nothing permanently wrong with her and now that the string thing has been removed all will be well in Mommy-land. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and comments. You'll never know how much they mean. My Mom even says thank you in an especially funny "morphined" out voice. I wish I could record it and play for you. Nothing funnier than Moms on Drugs.

Next up, the bad. The week just doesn't seem to be getting better!! I'm exhausted, not feeling exceptionally well and work has been IN.SANE. Not the usual insane that my office is. It feels like happy hour in the mental institution. No one can decide what's going on, who's in charge, what we're doing or what anyone's job really is. It's been this way for a while now but today it seemed to come to a head. There was yelling, stressing, almost quitting (not by me, never you fear), and almost firings today. INSANE I tell you. The silver lining is that I was told I am highly valued and my job is not in any way in question. I'm relieved to know that but feel the stress around me significantly. Me no likey stressful work environments.


I made Corn Chowder tonight and while it was good, I was disappointed in the recipe. It was soupy rather than . . . chowdery. I want CREAMY CHOWDER dangit! If any of you have recipes, please share!

Lastly, I've been without my wedding ring for over a month now. It is being re-engraved (it's got these cool engravings on the sides that are done by hand) and getting stones reset, etc. It was supposed to take three weeks and it's been five. I LOVE the jeweler who made it and is fixing it and I know it takes him a long time to work his magic, but I miss my ring! It was supposed to go out in the mail today, but he missed the FedEx pick-up and it won't go out until tomorrow. BLAST! There will be much rejoicing on Monday when my baby is back on my finger where she belongs.

Luckily a new month starts tomorrow AND it's Friday. Even if the week continues it's downward spiral and it's a bad day tomorrow, I have at least two days to recover from it. Knock on wood. Watch my car explode or something just to top 'er off. Ugh.

NOW, to end on a happy note! Groundhog Day is on Saturday! My best friend Brillig and I have a special bond with regards to Groundhog Day. It's a really hilarious story that I'll tell for Soap Opera Sunday one of these days, but I wanted to publicly wish Brillig and the rest of you a Happy Groundhog Day! Here's to hoping this blasted winter is over already!!

14 comments:

Jewels said...

OH MY GOSH!!! First of all - I'm freaking out because I am the first to comment, when does that happen? And secondly - sorry about your ring, dude! That sucks. I can't wait to see it all sparkly and shiny. And finally, oh my gosh Groundhog Day. Not only one of the funniest movies ever, but I tell you...that silly Holiday. I have a question about that - we were in the same room right? Were you with Jesse? I can't remember...and maybe that's for the best. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DG said...

Can I just tell you that Groundhog Day used to be my FAVORITE movie when I was in high school. I would watch it EVERY single night in bed and fall asleep to it. Such an odd choice, don't you think?

Also, so happy your mom is doing better... TGIF for reals!

Try to relax this weekend, hon :)

Anonymous said...

I'm without my wedding ring right now too! I feel so naked.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear your mom is doing better! What a relief!

Have a great weekend!

Kateastrophe said...

Oh yeah Jewels, we were totally in the same room and it was Matt Webb's stupid cousin Brandon.

Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I have to get my rings soldered together at some point, but I keep putting it off because I just don't want to be ring less!

Anyway, glad your mom is doing better and definitely TGIF!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I think we are long lost sisters! I love corn chowder. I have a good recipe my mom just gave me. I haven't made it yet, but when she did it was quite tasty - and she said it's easy. I'll email it to you.

janna said...

So glad to hear that Jan is doing better and they actually found out what was wrong. Hope that Grandma is recovering also. Happy TGIF and hears hoping you have a great weekend. I think my hubby is going ice fishing tomorrow so I can be bored out of my skull in Mona an extra day this week!!!

janna said...

Oh yeah--I forgot how to spell "heres" vs "hears"--oh well. I'm counting on that groundhog to tell me that spring is on the way--I've had enough of winter for this year. It's snowing again right now!!!!

HaLaine said...

YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE WINTER!! NO COMPLAINING ABOUT WINTER YOU ARIZONIAN YOU!!!

Ha yes. Ahem. Groundhog day. One of the vicariously funny holidays for me and the beginning of Hannah's slow and gradual decline to boyfriend stealing. Awesome. Too funny, too too funny!

Glad your mom is ok...

Katelin said...

Can I just say I'm so glad it's February too. I feel like January was just horrible for some reason. But alas a new month, and better times ahead...I hope.

And I love Groundhog Day...well the movie. It's hilarious.

Anyhoo, happy weekend!

Brillig said...

So, I just turned on the TV, and wouldn't you know that TBS is showing Groundhog Day as we speak. I thought, "oh my gosh, i HAVE to go say hi to Kate." So here I am, and I see that you remembered too. Hahahaha. Oh, I get all giggly just thinking about that particular drama. Hahahahaha.

I'm with you on February. Gahhhhh, I hate January. I'm SO glad to be through with it!

Goofball said...

good to hear your mom will be ok!

Canadian flake said...

wow...I miss a few days of blogging and miss soooo much...

glad to hear Mom is on the mend...I am sure that wasn't fun for anyone...

Hope you ring is back now where it belongs(since I am catching up, I imagine it is).

I am confused about one thing...u live in Arizona right? I didn't think you HAD winter there?? LOL

Hang in there.