Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Flashback Friday: These Hips Don't Lie

Flashback to about four years ago . . . I was living in Utah working at a small graphic design firm with some of the funniest, most unusual people I've ever met. We had so much fun every day, and you never knew what adventure was around the corner.

At the time, I was (and still am) into Shakira. We used to listen to her music at work and make up dances. (Don't ask.) It was kind of our office soundtrack.

One day, I returned from lunch, sat down at my computer, unlocked it and found this as my desktop.

One of my co-workers had hacked in to my computer . . . downloaded the Shakira album cover, scoured my hard drive for a picture of me that had a similar angle and viola . . . you have the ugliest picture in history.


Apparently, I arrived to soon for him to give my face a tan.

8 comments:

Jewels said...

Hahahahaha! I totally dig it! This is a good look for you - I think you should go blonde and get a tattoo....toute suite!

Brillig said...

Holy Crap. That is so stinking funny. (I'd REALLY like to see the dances that you and your co-workers made up. You may not know this, and I hate to break it to you, but, um, that's kinda weird.)

But hey, it sounds really fun. Maybe they're hiring again? Cuz, Utah might be a cool place to live. What do you think?

Love ya!

Butrfly Garden said...

Haha! I can never find good angled pictures for that kind of stuff!

Cherann said...

How could you work after that? I think I'd be rolling on the floor laughing the entire day.

Andres, JCT said...

someone once did that to me with burt reynolds, i'm not sure i liked it. it felt weird. burt and i look nothing alike but somehow with his speedo laden body and my face, it looked like a fit. weird.

Anonymous said...

Hahah that is hilarious. I want to make up dances at work now...it would make the day go so much faster!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness that pic cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Kateastrophe said...

Jewels - Oh dear. That's all I have to say.

Brills - you have SEEN me make up dances. Add nerdy boys to the mix and then times what you're picturing by about seven zillion. That's how weird it was.

Btrfly - yeah who knew a picture of me in San Francisco looking at seals could produce such oddity.

Cherann - I'm not sure we really WORKED at that office. One day a guy came up wrapped in a shrink wrap suit. Us weirdos combined with odd Asian health and fitness remedies didn't turn out well for anyone needing productivity.

Andres - I should totally try Burt Reynolds!

Molly - you totally should! Tape it and post it for all of us to enjoy!!

Heather- It's a good thing I'm not easily embarrassed right? Glad you enjoy!