Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Beerfest Version 2.Gross.1

Yeah you see it. The Kateastrophe counter is reset without the previous story even being told. And you'll notice a pattern to the title.

WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND BEER????? I DON'T EVEN DRINK BEER! I HATE BEER!!

Ahem.

The story.

SO, some background. At our show last week we had a fully stocked hospitality suite which included candy, snacks, soda and two six packs of beer. All of which were hardly touched due to our slightly slow show. SO, at the end of the show we decided that I would drive the leftover treats back to Phoenix so that we could all enjoy them and not let them go to waste. So I loaded up my trunk with anything that wouldn't melt and drove home. When I got home I took most of the stuff out of the "main cabin" of my car and forgot about the stuff in the trunk. Read: The twelve bottles of beer were in the trunk and a bottle of wine in the back seat.

So, yesterday, Matt says to me "your car smells like you got all boozed up and passed out in here. Do you think the beer leaked?"

"Nah" I responded. "There was an open bottle of wine in the car that I just took out this morning"

**note to self . . . OPEN BOTTLES OF BOOZE IN CAR . . . NOT GOOD! I am very new at this whole alcohol in the car thing**

So we left it at that.

This morning, I got in the car and it smelled like and entire frat house had gotten blitzed, passed out and then threw up in my car.

Beer . . . definitely spilled. Definitely. Definitely spilled.

So, I open the trunk and sure enough, four bottles of bud light had spilled through my entire trunk WITHOUT being opened or having a crack in the glass. Miracle? I think so. It's a stupid beerfest miracle.

I gathered the four miraculously spilled bottles of disgusting smelling Bud Light and put them in their little cardboard home. Then I grabbed the six pack of Fat Tire in it's little cardboard home and headed towards the garage to put them in there for the day until I could decide what to do with them.

I hadn't taken TWO STEPS when CRASH! SHATTER! SPLASH.

"S**T"

The bottom of the holder had given out due to it's wet nature (thanks to the STUPID BUD LIGHT) and the ENTIRE SIX PACK had shattered at my feet. All over my favorite jeans and brand new shoes. All over my car. All over my garage and driveway.

I would have kicked and screamed but there were tiny pieces of glass that had somehow found their way inside my shoe and I had to delicately prance into the house to rid myself of the glass shards, rinse out my pants and try to salvage the beautiful red leather of my shoes.

I realized I couldn't just leave it like that, seeing as how we're trying to sell our house and a beer spattered garage isn't exactly going to go over well with potential buyers. So after trying to clean myself up I had to proceed to cleaning the garage and driveway up. I had to use a broom and a shovel to gather the bits of glass and then get the hose to clean the entire mess up. Picture me, all dressed up and ready for work, in heels, SHOVELING BROKEN GLASS.

It was one of my finest moments and, needless to say, I was very late for work and I arrived smelling like a lush.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!
You seriously need to hire a camera crew to follow you around! You could make millions!!!
The universe is telling you to stay away (far, far away) from beer!
I hope your shoes survived!

Jewels said...

I love you.

HaLaine said...

Your blog is aptly titled...

Anonymous said...

sweetheart how many times do i have to tell you to leave the beer to your brothers. you are nooooo good at it. if anything the beer was very scared of you and decided it was better to ends its own life. with that being said it is 2:25 in the morning and i love you and i'm going to bed.

Brillig said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Oh, poor Kate. (And your brother's comment was hilarious, by the way.)

All I want to know is, ARE THE SHOES OKAY??? ;-)

Heather said...

Oh, Kate! That is hilarious, um, I mean terrible! So, so sorry.

Butrfly Garden said...

That sounds funny that you rinsed out your pants. I get what you mean - it just sounds funny.

it's a good thing you did clean it up right away. First, because it would have attracted all kinds of bugs (even ones a diet! *ba-duh-bum!*). Second, because it stinks even worse once it dries! My brother spilled a beer in my entry way on a mat. I forgot about it what with all the other stuff I was doing and by the next day, it smelled like beer death. Like a rotting beer bottle corpse. ICKY. But I suppose you got to know that smell well riding in your car.

Kateastrophe said...

Everyone can sleep safely. The shoes are fine and happily on my feet right now.

Gunfighter said...

It's a sign, Kate.

Thou Shalt Not indulge, in any way, in light beer.

Goofball said...

so there was leaking beer without opening the bottles neither crack in the glass....so there was beer in the trunck but the bottles were still full? Wow you miraculously multiplied beer!!!

Send your CV over, my company might wanna hire you :)

Canadian flake said...

ok I am sure it wasn't funny at the time but the visualization of the scene now just made me laugh so hard I almost choked..lmao.

thanks for the giggles..lol