Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Finally! A Good Day!

I woke up this morning and for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel ominous. I didn't feel like I was going to sluggishly tromp through my day. I had energy and spunk and most of all, I was grateful for all the amazing things in my life for the first time in a long time.

I've been focused on the bad for way too long. It's not like me . . . I'm SO not a negative, wallowy (is that even a word? Eh, who cares.) person. I HATE feeling like I'm in a pit of despair. So I've been doubly miserable lately, drowning in my pit and hating myself for it. Basically, I was being stupid.

I have an awesome, luck filled life. I married a man I don't deserve who loves me in spite of ME. I have an incredible job I probably don't deserve that came with an incredible boss I probably don't deserve. I have an amazing family who is loving and supportive (how many people have 20 year old brothers who call JUST to tell their sister they love and miss her??) and I have the most incredible group of friends that I know most would kill to be a part of.

So today, I decided to be grateful for it. I said a prayer and thanked the Lord for my life and apologized for being such a butt-head (yes, I actually used the word butt-head in my prayer) and then I skipped off to face my day with a smile.

And this has turned out to be one great freaking day.

I don't want to jinx it, I just had to share because we had a plethora of good news in the last 24 hours.

First, after INSANE amounts of controversy, stupidity and more stupidity (the real estate world seems to be full of idiots. No offense to any of you who are in real estate. You're not the idiots of which I speak. Just everyone else in real estate. That includes Realtors, Banks and Title Companies. I'll share that story later) we FINALLY got the keys to our new house!! It's ours! It's more beautiful than I ever hoped. Here are some pictures to prove it!

A key! We have a key!

My favorite room, the kitchen (two views, one from the family room)

The breathtaking view from our front porch
(oh and the final picture of Rhonda's Mini. It got traded for a hot new set of wheels the next day)

And last, but certainly not least, my hubster, having the first go at the master lavoratory.
Two important things to note:
1. His pose. What the crap?
2. He gave me permission to use this picture

On Saturday the paint crew arrives to do away with the ugly white and make it look a little less sterile in there. I'm SO excited. I will post pictures of the other rooms soon. They're on my other computer and I'm too lazy to go get them off.

My second piece of good news is actually the one thing I've been waiting on for almost two years. I FINALLY got the PEARL PINK RAZR!!!! I have wanted it since the second I saw it but I was too cheap to pay for it. Hahah. So now, it's mine, all mine! Next step is to bling it out. I can't WAIT!

Look at it in all it's pearly pink wonderfulness!!

The final piece of good news is the one I don't want to jinx, but I HAVE to tell everyone about.

We got another offer on our house!!

It's not a perfect offer but it's a good offer and it sounds like the buyers are in LOVE with the house, so I'm feeling good about this one. I'm crossing all fingers and toes and saying many prayers that it will go through. If it does, it causes major stress because the buyers want to close on October 15th. (I KNOW! What the crap?! That means I have to move this weekend and I haven't even packed one single thing!) However, it means we don't have to pay ANY double house payments. So, here's to hoping it works out and that I don't die of the moving stress this week!

You have all been so great during this entire debacle. Thank you for your words of encouragement, your funny comments and most of all your stories on your blogs that got my mind off of my issues for a few minutes. I love blogging.

Seriously. What a great day.

15 comments:

HaLaine said...

WOW! Awesome all around! I'm so glad things are looking up because you have been stressed for a LONG TIME and it'll be so nice to chill and move into your awesome new house!! Kate you're awesome. And your house is awesome. And you're dear dear friend Julia is awesome. And you're awesome. That's so awesome. You're awesome.

Jewels said...

SERIOUSLY! What a GREAT day! I would kill for that kitchen, ab-fab. Um, I do have a little concern about the pic of Matt using the facilities...really? I'm SO happy that another offer came through on your house and I'm totally honored that I was the first person you called on your glorious new phone! Viva La Pink!

Kateastrophe said...

Yeah i'm a bit concerned about the picture too . . . he thought it would be funny. I guess I should apologize to everyone.

I apologize. And so does Matt.

Brillig said...

Okay, Matt is freakin' hilarious. And a bit crazy too. That's just another reason for us to love him.

And your kitchen? Ho. Ly. Crap. My computer is now covered in drool. SO BEAUTIFUL!

I'm happy for you, and I'm glad you're having a happy day. Yay for Kate!

Anonymous said...

Found you through Molly - and I also have the pink Razor and I LURV it. And we're planning a move next year, so I'll have to go through your achives to find some strength to get through it.

Love your blog! :)

Goofball said...

I totally love it that you posted Matt's picture. Hilarious to post such a thing. Hihihi.

Congratulations with the new house! And all the other great things.

Butrfly Garden said...

YAY for good days!

I hope my attitude change comes to me one morning like that! That would be WONDERFUL!

ANd..your house is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the kitchen!!

Sara said...

HURRAY FOR KATE! I'm so glad your house has sold, and that you have:1. a glorious house with a beautiful kitchen 2.a new sassy phone that you are going to bling out 3.that you called Matt "hubster" and that he can pee in confidence while his wife is snaping shots for her blog. KATE ROCKS! Hurray for great days!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Everything is awesome. So happy for you. And I can't believe he let you post that! :)

Emily said...

hooray on the offer. my fingers are crossed.

and i just had to tell you that i have the exact. same. phone.

and i love it. it is so cute!

Canadian flake said...

woooooooooooohooooo wowzers what a day....I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and pray hard for you too.
Good luck with the offer.

DG said...

A: LOVE that you love blogging because I love reading your kateastrophe.

B: LOVE your house

C: LOVE LOVE your phone

D: Write in a gratitude journal every night. You have to write down 5 things that you are grateful for. And everyday they should be different. Changes your whole perspective!

Stephanie said...

I am in love with your kitchen. Can I come cook for you?

Also, your husband's picture? So funny. Especially that he consented to you posting it on the internet for the entire WORLD to see him in all his bathroom glory. :)

Momo Fali said...

Yay! I love good days like that! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your day has been so awesome!! Your kitchen is amazing! I would love a new updated kitchen.