Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Jump for Jollies

So, I have this friend, right? And she's like . . . amazing, right? In like, every way possible see, but today, she crossed the amazing line. As just a little background, Julia (or Jewels as we lovingly call her) has a two year old boy, just gave birth to another darling boy and has a Fire Chief husband who pretty much works around the clock and she still manages to look like a million bucks, throw amazing parties and is a creative genius like none I've seen.

Jewels has always had a knack for making the best ANYTHING from scratch. Apple pie, Halloween costumes . . . you name it, she's good at it. SO, she had a friend who had a baby shower back around the time she herself was about ready to have her second baby and she got a wild hair that she would custom design and sew onsies and burp cloths. And oh my gosh, she did an amazing job. So I asked her to make some similar things for a couple of baby showers I'm attending this week.

People, do you have any idea how cute the stuff she made for me is? ANY IDEA? Probably not off the top of your heads so I will show you just how cute this stuff is.

Exhibit A:
Vaa Vaa Vroom!

Exhibit B,C,D and E: OK, I'm talking hand sewn sequins, custom designed trees AND monograms? Goodness! And check out the butts of the butterfly and zebra ones!!!

I.COULD.JUST.DIE.

Shake your bon bon!

And last but certainly not least . . . the burp cloths. They are seriously too cute to let anyone spit up on!!

Pink damask with pom pom lining!? Ruffles!? Flowers and paisley patterns? Be still my quivering uterus.

Seriously, have you ever seen anything cuter? And she did this all with a two year old and a newborn on her watch. She is so amazing.

So, darlings, if you or anyone you know is in need of something like this, I have a feeling Jewels might be willing to help you out in that department! Just hop on over to her blog and see what she can do! I think she's decided to call her line "Jollies." So dang cute. I bow down to her amazingness.

7 comments:

Brillig said...

Oh my gosh. Those are seriously the most darling things ever. LOVE them! I bet there are a million people who are going to be begging Jewels to open up a boutique now!

Canadian flake said...

wow these are amazing!! She is totally gifted!!!

Sara said...

Jewels is amazing! And when are we gonna get some pictures of your new house?

Jewels said...

Thank you for the tribute! I'm SO happy you loved them and even happier that Agata was happy with her gifty. I posted pics on my blog and am hoping I get some requests!!

Julie Wright said...

that is so dang cute!!!! It shames me to know I will never have such amazing domestic skill.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

It's almost worth getting knocked up to have those. Or maybe I should pay you to make some for my friend who just had a baby. I'll tell you what she likes. She's got a little boy, a newborn, her husband's a fire chief and she's so pretty.

Wait...

Heather said...

Wow! Now if you had not convinced me over the last few months of how sweet and wonderful Jewels is, I might just have to hate her.

Gorgeous and talented!

And I'm one of the people begging her to open up a boutique. Please, Jewels?