Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Soap Opera Sunday: The Continuation of the Rivalrous Date


Welcome (back) to Soap Opera Sunday! I'm so excited to be hosting this week, since it's been FOREVER since I did that! For those of you who have no idea what Soap Opera Sunday is, you can check out the information and rules here. Also, any of you who are a little shy, remember that we have an Anonymous Soap Opera Blog that will allow you to tell any stories you like without having to attach your name or blog with the story! If you're participating this week, leave your name and the permalink to your completed Soap Opera in the Mr. Linky and then please leave a comment as well! Love it, love you.



-----------------------------------
So, last week I left you just at the moment I met Richard. Shall we continue?

As I mentioned, when he turned around, he literally took my breath away. He looked like the man of my dreams . . . you know, that imaginary guy you draw a picture of in your head that you're pretty sure doesn't exist? He had sparkly brown eyes, curly dark hair, a bit of scruff on his face, two deep dimples and the most amazing smile. Luckily, I was able to gain my composure, otherwise I might have started drooling or something equally embarrassing. We exchanged names and gave each other a quick hug, but there wasn't a lot of time for pleasantries because the game was well underway and at that moment, BYU was loosing badly.

I mentioned Richard was all in red, the color of the University of Utah. I also mentioned that Adrienne had told me Richard was a little wired that evening, which he was. Add together the facts that his team, the away team, were winning, his hyperness and his attire . . . and pretty much every BYU fan in the stadium hated him. He was a typically loud, hilarious, supportive fan, just in the wrong stadium. It was hilarious. The old man sitting behinds us kept tapping me on the shoulder and asking me if I could find a way to make my date shut up. I came up with a few creative ways, one which included shoving his mouth full of Twizzlers, another involving my beanie, but truly, he wasn't to be stopped, and I was loving it.

We were immediately comfortable with each other, mocking the other person for supporting the wrong team, seeing who could yell the loudest and laughing hysterically the whole time. It was, without a doubt, the most fun date I'd ever been on in my life.

BYU pulled of a bit of a miracle in the fourth quarter and won the game, temporarily silencing my obnoxious date, but the night was far from over. Kyle (Adrienne's husband), Adrienne, Richard and I decided to brave the game traffic and head to the Olive Garden for dinner (mostly because it was close). The hilarity continued at dinner. Every couple of minutes Richard would run to the front and grab me a button or a mint from the hostess and with a flourish, present me with my "gift." He made sure I knew I could have WHATEVER I wanted on the menu and made sure to mention exactly what I should get so that he could have some.

After dinner we headed back to Kyle and Adrienne's apartment to watch a movie. I remember we watched Head Over Heels with Freddy Prinze, Jr. and Monica Potter and we all thought it was SO FUNNY. I think it's because we were already insanely wired, but I remember watching a particularly foul bathroom scene (those of you who've seen it know what I'm talking about, yes?) like TEN TIMES and we were crying we were laughing so hard.

Somewhere during the movie Richard reached over and grabbed my hand and I got chills through my whole body. I really couldn't believe that he was interested in me . . . that someone who looked the way he did was interested in ME. He was that guy who I was sure got almost any girl he wanted and he was looking at ME? I was sort of in shock.

At about 2 AM, Kyle and Adrienne decided they were "very tired" and went to bed. Richard and I sat and talked for about an hour . . . we were snuggled together talking mostly about our family's when out of the blue (I was in the middle of a sentence!), he put his finger on my lips then cupped my face in his hands and gently kissed me.

8 comments:

HaLaine said...

Oh so naughty and intriguing!

Girl, Dislocated said...

"I really couldn't believe that he was interested in me . . . that someone who looked the way he did was interested in ME. He was that guy who I was sure got almost any girl he wanted and he was looking at ME? I was sort of in shock."

I'm no stranger to that feeling, so I know telling you I think you're absolutely beautiful will have no effect whatsoever, but I'll tell you anyway--You are absolutely beautiful!

Can't wait for more soapiness! :)

Wholly Burble said...

And this is the sentence you want to leave us dangling with until NEXT WEEK? Ah, you know how to torture your readers! ;-)

Needless-to-say, I'll be back next week.

Madam Crunchypants said...

Ooooh!!! I love it!

Brillig said...

HAHAHA. Yes, i know exactly what scene in Head of Heels that you're talking about.

And this is so deliciously soapy, but DON't think that that means that the pit in my stomach is getting better...

tripleZmom said...

I can't wait until next week! No fair!

Canadian flake said...

holy cowwwww...what a place to stop...is it Sunday yet?? Huh Huh is it?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Imagine if you can get Free Brand New Apple iPhone 5 in just 1 minute? I know you can't belliwe but what if you try? You are not losing anything, Get one for Free, Don't miss your chance, Click Here ;)