Ta-Daa! Sticky!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Totally Awesome Weekend, Meet Incredibly Crappy Monday

I had one of those weekends you dream about. Dinner and a movie with a girlfriend. Some easy housecleaning and 10 miles on the bike on Saturday morning. Fun, comfortable company Holiday party (yes I know it was AFTER the Holidays . . . we do online retail so December sucks at our office). Sunday where we were out of church early enough to have the WHOLE day to lounge around, play games (games meaning sitting on the couch lobbing orange slices into each others mouths, then trying it left handed AND with our eyes closed. Loads of hilarious fun I tell you!), and really just enjoy each others company. I was so excited to begin my week refreshed and invigorated.

Then the heaven's opened and screamed "KATE WE HATE YOU!"

I had a pretty rough day today. I was tired, had a horrible headache AND was just plain old grumpy. The potential customers who called were all stupid idiots. I couldn't get a single person I needed assistance from to answer my emails. I am in the middle of organizing a trade show for next week and NO ONE WILL ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTIONS!!!!

To make matters even worse, we made some seating arrangement changes and there is a new body in our cube area. It's not a quiet body. It's a body that belches and FARTS at will. LOUDLY. This person is incredibly smart and incredibly cool, but SERIOUSLY? Are the bodily noises REALLY necessary???

I was so excited to leave the office. I called Matt and told him I had zero desire to find something in the house to eat for dinner, so we decided to meet at Pei Wei for tasty chinese. We had a great meal and then I headed home to curl up on the couch and watch the new BBC Persuasion. It sounded like a perfect, happy way to end a bad day.

Que the bad day getting worse.

I'm driving about 100 yards behind the nearest car, taking my time, not going to fast (for a change!) and BAM! Something hit my windshield with the loudest banging noise I've ever heard. A very bad word escaped my lips in a very loud manner. Luckily, the windshield didn't give, probably saving my life, but the brand new hood of my brand new car didn't fare so well.

I now have three GIANT scratches which will need to be repaired. I have no idea what it was that hit me. I have no idea where it came from. I'm really frustrated that this happened. The car isn't even a month and a half old. I have been saving my pennies so Matt and I can go on a huge vacation in September and now, I have to fix the car with my saved pennies.

It's just a thing, it's just money and I'm lucky whatever hit the car didn't come through the windshield and hit me. I am aware of all of these things. But I still reserve the right to be very mad that, at the end of my crappy day, something even crappier had to happen. Stupid crappy stupid crap stupid. Yeah.

Wow, I'm Debbie Downer aren't I? Internets, I challenge you to cheer me up with awesome comments!! Tell me a joke! Tell me I'm pretty! What you love my eyes? You worship me? Oh you're so kind.

OK I'm not really a comment whore, but I do love me some bloggy friends and I would love to hear positive happy things!! Ready? GO!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks about the windshield. I hate saving and not having it go to what I want. I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day- and I didn't even ask how your day was going. I suck. Call me if you need me.

Jan said...

I'm sorry you had a lousy day you sweet, beautiful, loving lady friend of mine. I know tomorrow will be better. (((HUGS)))

Emily said...

if anyone DIDN'T deserve such a lousy monday, it is you! you pretty thing you.

did you still have pei wei for dinner? b/c that would brighten my day, i know. ;) their lettuce wraps.... mmmmmm.

and to cheer you up? here is a blog entry that i believe will give you some laughs. i hope so!
http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2007/03/filed-under-parents-1-smart-ass-teenage.html

Jewels said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about this when we chatted on the phone! Sorry dude, that's lame. You know I think you are the hottest vixen on this planet, hands down!!

Madam Crunchypants said...

Random things flying up and hitting your car completely suck.

I secretly worship you from very afar. Okay, maybe not, but don't let stupid unidentified road objects ruin your week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your sucky Monday. Maybe Tuesday will be better, at this point, wouldn't it have to be?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your yesterday was so sucky - here's hoping today is better!

Anna said...

A joke? My best material is suitable for age five and under, you still want one?

Okay...

What do you call a cow with no legs?

GROUND BEEF!

You're laughing, I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Dude you're allowed to get upset. You're only human. And having to fix something with your vacation pennies is enough to piss off the happiest of people!

Anonymous said...

That SUCKS! Wow, and I'm guessing this happened after I talked to you- because I'm sure you would've mentioned it!
I'm so glad you weren't hurt! What would the world do without Kate? I, for one, NEVER want to find out!

HaLaine said...

Yes and I thought you had died according to your text message. And I still want peechas!!

Ashley said...

Oh man! I would have had a HEART ATTACK if whatever that was fell on my windshield. I'm sorry you had such a craptastic day, hopefully today will be a hell of a lot better!!

Anonymous said...

Ewww farts? That is not ok. I'm so sorry you had a bad day. Perhaps so shoe shopping will help? I'll go with you!

Wholly Burble said...

Why did the elephant paint her toenails red? So she could hide in the strawberry patch!

Why did Uncle Ned throw the alarm clock out the window? To see time fly.

I could go on, but I don't want your Tuesday to suck too LOL

You're stunning, you're a traffic stopper, you're a heart-breaker, you're a Sumo wrestler . . . ah, it was going SO good there, eh?

Laughing yet? Had enough cheering up? OK, I'll stop now.

Katelin said...

Oh man sucks about your car. Mine got dented a couple months after I got it and I have no idea how, it's so frustrating.

And as for something good...ummm. At least your not Britney Spears? That's always a good thing these days right :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your car! But I want you to know that I think you're fantastic!

:)

Brillig said...

Okay, orange slices? Persuasion? The fact that you drive a BMW at all? That there's a guy FARTING LOUDLY in your CUBES? So much to smile about...

And yet, I totally know what you mean. I think I'd have had a heart attack if that had happen to my car... and I drive a Kia... :-D

Canadian flake said...

awwwww would some big ((((hugs))) help?? I am a really great hugger...

Hope your week is getting better

teachergirl said...

I'm sorry about the windshield. Cars just suck.

At least you're not a giant dork like me who is SO invested in her Jane Austen that she watched one minute of the new Persuasion and, while rather dreamily engaged by the new Wentworth, hated Anne Elliot so much that she turned it off.

Yeah, be glad you're not THAT girl. SHE'S pathetic.

Plus, you got to eat Chinese food. NOTHING's bad after that! :)

<3

Kateastrophe said...

You are all amazing and I love you. Thanks for the jokes, the kind words and just being here.

Heart you!!!

Kristen said...

I'm having a giveaway! That is fun right? and Happy?

Geez I don't even know you and I'm pathetically desperate to boost your mood.

Hope your week gets better!

The Bastian's said...

Don't forget about me, I love you too! I am sorry that this happened to you. I am really starting to believe that you just plain old have bad luck. I wish I could help. If it makes you feel better you have 24 comments... you are loved, and I think your beautiful!

Girl, Dislocated said...

Two jokes, which you may have already heard, but I've been a Debbie Downer myself lately and it's the best I can do :-P

1.) What's the difference between a gynecologist and a geneologist?

One looks up the family tree, and the other looks up the family bush.


2.) There was a perfect man and a perfect woman. They met each other at a perfect party. They dated for two perfect years. They had the perfect wedding and the perfect honeymoon. They had two perfect children.
One day the perfect man and the perfect woman were driving in their perfect car, they saw an elf by the side of the road. Being the perfect people they were, they picked him up.

As the perfect man and the perfect woman were driving with the elf, somehow they got into an accident. One person survived.

Who lived?

The perfect woman, because the perfect man and elves aren't real.


Also, you're so purty!!! :)

Fourier Analyst said...

Okay Darlin', I'm behind the times, but I still feel the need to cheer you up!!

Mating call of a blonde in a bar:

"I'm so drunk!"

Mating call of a brunette in the same bar:

"Is the blonde bitch gone yet?"

Good thing this comment is coming late so I don't spoil my good-girl rep with our joint readers!!